Thursday, June 2, 2016

Technique Thursday #21-2016

Today's Technique Challenge:

Shaker Cards

Whether they are flat or fat, filled with sequins, beads, glitter or sprinkles,
make a card that shakes and moves and send it to someone dear today.


I made my very first shaker card last year and have been hooked ever since! 
I wanted this card to look like Spring or Summer - so I decided to do a rainy day theme.  I was actually inspired by the umbrella cut-out which I received in a pen pal swap! It came in white but I colored it to match the card color theme using markers. I found the cute ducky online for free and printed him in black and white. I then used the paper piecing technique and a few embellishments with my markers to jazz him up! I hand cut the clouds and grass. Instead of acetate, I found overhead projector papers to be more affordable for shaker cards. For my "shakers" I used colorful sequins to look like it was raining sequins! ~Maranda
The supplies I used on this project were:
Cardstock (in colors shown)   Scissors
Fiskars Paper Trimmer    Xacto Knife
Recollections Self-Healing Craft Mat    Office Max Overhead Projector Sheet
Sequins    Crayola Markers
Uniball Signo White Gel Pen     Umbrella Cut-Out
Ducky Cut-Out     Foam Dimensional Squares
Recollections Sentiment Rubber Stamp      Scotch Foam Tape
Recollections Glue Runner



 Stampin up Petite petals greetings think it's, perfect plum, cameo coral, pool party, daffodil delight, and certainly celery stamp pads.  I also used green scrap paper and a peachy orange scrap cardstock.  Acetate, Gina Marie designs cutting dies, and Spellbinders little leaf set.  Martha Stewart hexagon glitter, butterfly sequins, crystal gems.
I stamped out some Flowers, and fussy cut them out.  I then glued them down randomly.  I added three gems. ~Mindy



I wanted to come up with something that was not the usual for the inside and decided to do birdseed.  The “feeder” was made on my Explore using some basic shapes including a pentagon and narrow rectangles and a frame.  I welded the shapes together and sliced out what wasn’t needed.  The bird is also cut on the Explore using a cartridge called 50 States.  This cartridge has the state flower and bird from each state, so it is very versatile, - Denise Sayers


Happy Crafting
Theresa & the CADC DT
and June's Guest Designers

1 comment:

  1. These shakers are all unique and all pretty. Denise, I love that offset shaker you made. I don't think I've ever seen one like that...so unusual and so clever of you!

    ReplyDelete