Sunday, June 19, 2016

Clean and Simple Sunday #23-2016

We hope you had a chance to hop and play along with yesterday's blog hop.
If not, please start at the beginning at Theresa's blog

Today's Clean & Simple Challenge:
Include a mode of transportation
It can be a bicycle, train, car, boat or plane or anything else you can think of. 

We also have another guest designer for you today.


I’m Sue, aka foleysfriend. I am blessed to live in beautiful Vancouver, Canada. 
I’ve been scrapbooking for many years. However, I’m taking fewer photos, yet have so much paper, so I started to make cards. I started blogging just over a year ago, mostly to remind myself how I made the cards. However, with time, practice, by challenging myself and watching videos and visiting other card makers’ blogs, I think that my skills are slowly improving and I’m learning so much. I really enjoy the tactile process involved with making cards. I only wish that working for a living didn’t get in my way – LOL!


For my card, I used the large flame from CTMH’s Born to Ride stamp set. I inked it with Hero Arts Butter Bar ink followed by “rocking” the edges of the stamp with Hero Arts Orange Soda to add interest to the flame. I inked up the motorcycle from Stampin’ Up’s Rev Up the Fun with Versafine Onyx Black ink and fussy cut the image, which I popped up on dimensionals. The sentiment is also from SU’s Rev Up the Fun stamp set. ~Sue


  

Here at the Jersey Shore, bicycles are a huge mode of transportation; so I decided to use one for this challenge.  I made a joy-fold card, using Raspberry Ripple (one of my favorites) and Pear Pizzazz card stocks as well as Birthday Basics Designer Series Paper by Stampin' Up.  For the image, I used the Cycle Celebration digital stamp, also from SU.  I created the greeting on the front by using the text to path feature in my Silhouette and color matched it and the sentiment inside to the Raspberry Ripple.  (There's a guide to color matching your printer to SU colors on my blog if you're interested.  It's under printables)  I printed the image using the print and cut feature in the Silhouette as well.   I used the Scallop Edge Border punch on both pieces of this card (remember to allow an extra 1/2" of card stock for each side you're punching; or the amount of paper removed by whatever punch you're using).  As a finishing touch, I used Wink of Stella on the bicycle and used a Cute Clip Arrow on the front which looks cute (as its name implies) but is functional as well as it helps to keep the top fold from popping open.  After I added the arrow...I felt it didn't relate well to the rest of the card, so I added some arrows to the sentiment panel inside and then felt better about the clip...crisis averted! 
 ~ Kim from Katydid Cards  




Excited - got a new Deep Red stamp in :)  Love this old tractor .  Stamped with Memento  Tuxedo Black and embossed  with clear embossing powder. I sponged on Tim Holt Distress inks Tea Dye, Picked Raspberry ,  Peeled Paint and Weathered Wood, spritz ed with water and blotted with a paper towel.  Added some baker's twine on cream cheese and used a brown card base.  The "Hello There" is actually a Dear Lizzy rotary stamp.  ~ Gracie  


Happy Crafting
Theresa & the CADC DT and Guests

1 comment:

  1. All of these cards are great. Sue welcome and I agree that work really gets in the way of my crafting. Lol. Kim I have not heard of a joy fold and love how that looks. Gracie that is a great stamp and wonderful background.

    ReplyDelete