Saturday, June 25, 2016

Inspiration Saturday #23-2016

Today's Inspiration Challenge:





I loved the photo inspiration and couldn’t decide on one card, so I made two.
The first – This is a one-layer card. I used the Alley Way Trees Company stamp set. I repeatedly inked and stamped the tree – well, I pretended it was a branch and alternated from the left and right. I thenn added some birds, from the same set. I added colour with Prismacolor coloured pencils. The sentiment is from CTMH Life is Tweet stamp set.

The second – I used the CTMH Life is Tweet stamp set – stamping the branch with Stampin’ Up’s Early Espresso and the bird with Stampin’ Up’s Tempting Turquoise. I stamped the sentiment in the on the left to balance the branch and bird on the right. I matted the card with Early Espresso cardstock. ~Sue




  


I purchased this cut file with the thought that I would use it as a stencil for distress inks, but when I saw the photo inspiration I thought this would be perfect.  I took the Clear N' Sheer Online Card Class and was inspired by one of the video tutorials to try glitter to simulate the glass panel (I'm generally not a fan of glitter, so I decided to start with something easy like this).  I attached double-sided tape to a piece of white card stock and placed the black cut out atop that.  In the open spaces, now sticky from the tape, I poured on light blue filling in most areas.  I shook off the excess and rubbed across the top of make sure the glitter was well secured.  Then I used a darker blue and sprinkled that in the open spaces, to give the appearance of light and dark areas...I don't think I quite accomplished that because the dark blue over-powered the light in many areas.  I altered the birds in the cut file to make cardinals out of two.  I cut the birds in scraps of blue, gray, red and yellow to resemble the birds in the photo.  I also cut leaves in three different shades of green from scraps on hand.  To make the leaves I created an oval and just manipulated it to form a leaf.   Inside, I created the sentiment using the Papyrus font in black.  ~ Kim from Katydid Cards



The inspiration  today was a picture  of  birds.  My favorite  birds are hummingbirds and there are 4 feeders outside right now.  I just got a new stamp from Pink and Main.  I stamped  the  image  with  Memento  Tuxedo  Black  and embossed  with  clear  embossing  powder.  I colored the images with my Spectrum  Noir  markers and made an easel card base of green cs.  I added the yellow enamel  doodads from Bella Blvd. ~ Gracie  

Happy Crafting
Theresa & the CADC DT and Guests

No comments:

Post a Comment