Monday, June 20, 2016

Mistletoe Monday #23-2016

Today's Mistletoe Monday Challenge:
Use a foil or metallic card base.


Today's  challenge  was to use a metallic or foil card base.  Ok, I have some Tim Holtz metal and I hate to share lol!  But I did bust it out for the challenge.  I used a Sizzle embossing folder then mounted the metal on a green check base.  The stamp is from Deep Red.  I stamped it with Memento Tuxedo  Black and embossed with clear embossing  powder.  I colored it with my Spectrum  Noir  alcohol  markers.  I fussy cut it.  Really like how it turned out. ~ Gracie



For my card, I used a piece of silver shimmer paper and the Sizzix snowflake embossing folder from the Textured Impressions set – Plaid and Snowflakes. Using ink blending tools and distress inks (tumbled glass and faded jeans) to randomly add colour to a piece of white cardstock. I cut a 2” x 3” piece and using Stampin’ Up’s Ornate Tag Topper punch to create a tag. The sentiment is from Stamp Of Approval’s Holiday Magic collection – CASual Friday’s Snowy Sayings stamp set. The snowflake is cut from a scrap piece of silver shimmer paper using Stamp of Approval’s Holiday Magic collection – CASual Fridays’ Funky Flakes Fri-Dies. To complete the card, I used some silver twine to “hang” the tag and for the bow. ~ Sue




   


To make this flip card, I broke out my Snowflake Card Thinlit Die to cut my Brushed Silver card base. Sadly, both the die and the Brushed Silver are retired.  I'm looking for a new resource for the Brushed Silver and Gold card stocks if you happen to know any.  The DSP on the snowflake is Stam[in' Up's Wintergreen digital DSP.  That's topped by Silver Glimmer Paper and Island Indigo pieces, each cut with companion dies to the Snowflake Thinlit.  On the right side of the card I added Winter Frost Specialty DSP layered on a mat of Island Indigo.  I created the greeting using a cut file I purchased in the Silhouette store which I converted to print only and color matched it to the Island Indigo.  Inside, I used a digital stamp from Stampin' Up as the sentiment.  ~Kim from Katydid Cards



It always amazes me when DT members take a challenge in the same way.  All three designers today,
used or created embossed foil for the card base and yet the cards are so very different.


Happy Crafting
Theresa & the CADC DT and Guests

1 comment:

  1. Gracie, I tend to hoard things too, but then I think, "What for?", so I am glad you used the silver for your card, it is so pretty and elegant. Sue, that is wonderful card. All the silver really set off the blue of the tag. Kim, I love the swing cards and this one is very pretty.

    ReplyDelete