Monday, June 6, 2016

Mistletoe Monday #22-2016

Today's Mistletoe Monday Challenge:

Gifts or Stockings

Bonus if it is gifts and stockings :)


I used the sentiment as my focal point by heat embossing it.
More information on my blog www.craftconfectionery.com ~Denise Soffa


Stamp sets I used are " Festival of Trees" and "Peaceful Pines" from Stampin' Up! I used the standard A2 size card on the horizontal. I stamped in my favorite things hybrid ink Nightshift blue, the trees and the gifts. I then used the matching punch to cut out the trees and used a matching die to cut out the gifts as well. for the sentiment I used the word punch and label punch. The sentiment was stamped with Versafine onyx black ink.The base of the card I used a charcoal colored cardstock and on top of that my 1st layer is black card stock cut to 4"x 5.25". The white sheet is cut to 3.75" x 5" . Center strip is: Black strip @ 1.5" x 5", the white strip @ 1 3/8 x 5", Pattern paper @ 1.25" x 5". I first attached my layers starting with the black strip and building up to pattern paper. next I attached the white card stock to my black layer and attached those to card base. I then approximately added it to the center of card. I then attached the 2 trees at different heights on the left side of the card.  I then attached the sentiment on the right side using dimensionals from Stampin' Up! I took the gifts and attached with the same dimensionals, then I took my Wink of Stella clear and went over the trees and the gifts. At this point I realized I need to add stars and I used a star punch from EK Success. Once I added them on with dimensionals I went over with clear Wink of Stella to give subtle shimmer. ~Tantalaya


With this simple card, I cut a tree with my Cricut and embellished it with small beads.  I used Newton’s Christmas cuddles and colored the images with Spectrum Noir alcohol markers.  No spectacular background.  I thought it was cleaner without one.  I love the sentiment that goes with this stamp set.  I will be saving this one for my special someone for Christmas. ~Paulyne

Happy Crafting
Theresa & the CADC DT and Guests






2 comments:

  1. Denise, what a nice simple card. Tantalaya, I like the blue on blue color scheme and Paulyne, I like the tree embellishments and the super cute presents with the cat. Puns are one of my favorite things to do on cards and this one is "purrrr-fect".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Denise, you've inspired me to pull out my sequins. Tantalya, wow I love that blue for your card...unique color for a Christmas card and very eye catching. Paulyne, just love your card. The coloring is wonderful and your kitty is just too adorable!

    ReplyDelete