Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Card Sketch Wednesday #23-2016

Today's Card Sketch Challenge:



1 martini, 2 martini, ...  The image came frome a swap.  I colored it with my Spectrum  Noir  markers, edged it and the sentiment  with Picked Raspberry  ink, mounted it on light blue paper, added some pearls to look like bubbles, a strip of ribbon, and black and green c for the card base.  I have never had a martini in my life! ~ Gracie  




  


For my card, I flipped the panel from horizontal to vertical and moved the circle to the top, adding some additional elements.  I used Night of Navy, Tangelo Twist, Crushed Curry and Whisper White card stocks and Birthday Bash DSP from Stampin' Up.  I used the Balloon Celebration stamp set and stamped the outline in Night of Navy and the shading in Crushed Curry.  I highlighted the Crushed Curry with a Gold Jelly Roll Pen and wrapped the bottom with Gold Thread.  I attached it with a pop dot after winding another length of gold thread under the balloon.  I also popped the Whisper White and the Night of Navy circles.  I used the corner rounder on one side of the card.  I created the greeting and sentiment using the AR Berkley font color matched to the Night of Navy.  
~ Kim from Katydid Cards


I turned the sketch 90 degrees. There has been a lot of superhero talk with many superhero movies in the theatres. When I saw the circle of the sketch, I thought of Captain America’s shield, which was made with die cuts. I also switched the dark/light panels so that the dark panel was on the larger side. I found some patterned paper that matched the blue and white of the shield. The sentiment words are from My Favorite Things You’re Super stamp set. ~ Sue


Happy Crafting
Theresa & the CADC DT and Guests

1 comment:

  1. Gracie, that is funny and I am sure I would be on the floor at 3 martinis, since one glass of wine makes me very giggly. Kim, that is a cute card and the inside sentiment is great. Sue, that would be a great card for kids and sometimes those sketches strike us with a very specific thought.

    ReplyDelete