Saturday, June 11, 2016

Inspiration Saturday #22-2016

Today's Photo Inspiration Challenge:


Seeing a bunch of watermelons takes me straight back to my childhood
and summers at my grandparents farm in Southern Ohio. 
We would go to the market and get a melon and then put it in the creek to get cold. 
You read that right, we put in the creek to get cold. 
The water was crystal clear and so very cold and so sweet to drink. 
It was fed from a cold spring and came straight out of the ground on my grandparents farm. 
Pawpaw would take a big knife and slice it right on the porch 
and my cousins and sister and I would sit on those wonderful 
old metal porch chairs and eat it with our hands straight from the rind. 
No forks, no plates, no melon-ballers. 
It was amazing...sticky and cold and refreshing. 
Oh how I miss childhood summers. 

But I digress, how does this photo inspire you? What memories does it invoke?
How would you translate this photo into a card?
The colors? Something round? Something striped? A picnic theme?

Let's see where the DT went with it.


This challenge made me think of a picnic.  So I spent time going through my stuff to try and make a picnic scene.  I decided to make it into an invitation.  Well I found a couple of Sizzix dies to make the fruit and the watermelon.  The table cloth background, basket and letters are from my Cricut.  I used my own hand writing to write Let’s.  After putting it together, I decided I needed something else.  So what is a picnic without ants.  I found the ants on m Cricut and cut them out.  I added them to the scene as if they were coming after the goodies in the basket. ~Paulyne


This card I wanted to take inspiration from the colors on the card and yet keep it pretty simple and clean. I use stamp set from Stampin' Up! Faith in Nature set. I colored in the pear using Tim Holtz Distress Markers vintage photo, gathered twigs and mowed lawn. I then took the base card A2 sized, and attached the pattern paper to it after I punched the corner with We R Memory Keepers corner chomper stub I then attached my focal piece on top keeping everything level I used no foam on this card. I took ribbon and wrapped it around the pattern paper and focal piece  I then attached the complete piece to the card base. using scor tape to make sure it would stay down. I then put 4 bling stones in the 4 corners and then colored them with my spectrum Noir markers in a dark green for the lines on the watermelon, the black ribbon to represent the seeds in the open watermelon, and the great with the red pop of color with cardstock and with the sequins. Making this almost a one layer card which would be easy for mailing to friend or loved one. ~Tantalaya


I used a set from lawn fawn to make this card. I colored it with my distress inks 
and finished it off with some glossy accents.
More information on my blog www.craftconfectionery.com ~Denise Soffa



Happy Crafting
Theresa & the CADC DT and Guests

2 comments:

  1. What great cards. Love all the layers on the picnic basket. The pear is just beautiful with a wonderful coloring job. I really like the green gingham matting rather than a traditional red.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great cards for summer...next week already. Paulyne, great idea for an invite! Tantalaya, love how you colored the image and the sentiment is wonderful. Denise, love those layers.

    ReplyDelete