Sunday, June 26, 2016

Clean and Simple Sunday #24-2016

Today's Clean & Simple Challenge:
Anything Goes with a Colored Card Base

Today we welcome Lisa & Colleen as our guest designers of the week.


Lisa is the author and creator at http://lisaslittlerascals.blogspot.com/


Since I love the blues… I had to find one of my blues that coordinated with other colors. So, I picked some fun summer-type colors and cut them in successive rectangles, added a sentiment (who doesn’t need a birthday card for their stash?), and added ribbon to flow one layer to another, and there we have it! Super clean. Super simple and bright enough for a summer day.
Supplies:
Cardstock: Reflections (Michaels Stores)
Ribbon: Reflections (Michaels Stores)
Die cut: Cricut Design Space
Adhesive: 3M Gold ATG Tape; DAP Kwik Seal Clear Silicon Caulking (for the popped-up sentiment) ~Lisa

Colleen is our next Guest Designer this week.





I am a retired wife, mother of two adult children, and grand mother of one beautiful 2 year old named Layla Anne who is the light of my life!  I live in Illinois in a Chicago suburb called North Aurora, by the Fox River.   I've lived in Illinois my entire life, but this is my most favorite place to live because I feel like we're on vacation all the time. I love bike riding with my husband, playing with my beautiful little grand daughter (a gift from God), I love the peace of being by water (a glass or three of wine always helps, always), I play piano and sing, and find crafting to be a therapeutic hobby that challenges my brain!  I started out scrapbooking years ago with Creative Memories, making "milestone" albums for my family (graduation, baby, anniversary). Albums make great gifts, people love them!  Istill do that, but about 2 years ago a friend got me interested in card making, and I've fallen in love with it.  Although some people buy my cards, mostly I mail them to people, from friends to nursing home residents, because they love feeling special and this world needs more love!   I also give sets of cards as gifts, and people just love getting those, too!  I usually start my holiday cards and gifts in the summer because I make so many.  My goals are to become Copic Certified and teach locally, start a blog, improve my photography, and learn more about mixed media (another gift idea, yes!!).  Also, I hope to continue selling my cards because that helps me BUY MORE CRAFTY STUFF!!!!! 



Happy Crafting

Theresa & the CADC DT  & Guests

No comments:

Post a Comment