Tuesday, October 29, 2019

Technique Tuesday 43-2019

It's Tuesday!  Time to watch a video and learn a new technique!  Today we are going to try creating a trapped color embossed background.

Here is the link:


And here is my card:


I have had this stamp set from Stampin' Up quite awhile and have never used it.  I started by applying Distress Inks in Fired Brick, Spiced Marmalade, Frayed Burlap and Faded Jeans liberally to a white card stock panel that I set aside and allowed to dry.  Once dry, I stamped the image with clear Versamark ink and heat set with clear embossing powder.  I lightly spritzed the image with water and let it dry then  followed with white ink and wiped as much as possible off with a paper towel then re-heated the embossing.  I trimmed the panel down and placed it on a panel of burnt orange card stock.  I cut a second smaller panel of yellow card stock and tucked it underneath.  I die cut and embossed some leaves and sponged the edges with Fired Brick and tuck them beneath the panel and attached them with Art Glitter Glue.  I used dark red card stock for the card base.  ~  Gracie

No comments:

Post a Comment