Friday, October 18, 2019

Color Me Friday 41-2019

The colors for this month are rust (orange), browns, reds.  I pulled out an embossing folder and tried different things with those colors.



These cards were made by rubbing various color distress inks over the inside of the front of the embossing folder before adding the paper, then running it through my Cuttlebug.  The top left had a little water spritzed on the ink and the bottom card had even more water spritzed before running it though the machine.

This card used orange cardstock and after embossing I ran a distress blending sponge over it with a brown distress ink.  

The final card started by embossing white cardstock and then going over the high areas with Distress Oxide inks using a small Picket Fence life changing brush.  I didn't really like the look so I cut the image using a set of nesting dies and alternated colored cardstock with the rest of the nesting dies and liked that look better.  

The embossing folder used on all of the cards was Fall Leaves Swirl by Darice.  The sentiments came from Altenew "Beautiful Inside" and Unity KOM August 2017 "Never Be Afraid".  Come back tomorrow for my favorite card of the week. - Denise



1 comment:

  1. Oh, my!!! They are so pretty, Denise! I need to use my embossing folders more often!

    ReplyDelete