Tuesday, October 2, 2018

Technique Tuesday 40-2018

The technique for October is called partial die cutting.  Some videos for this technique can be found herehere, and here. All of these videos are by Jennifer McGuire and she does such a great job showing different techniques.  Now on to my card.


Since I have a Cricut Explore, I just don't buy many metal dies to go with stamps.  I have lots of nesting shape dies, but that isn't what is required for this technique.  So I decided to make a cut file using one of my stamps and a basic rectangle on Design Space to cut out on my Cricut Explore.  The image is from Unity Stamp Company's September 2017 Kit of the Month called Flowers, Foliage, and Fall.  I stamped the image on a piece of copy paper and then colored it in with a black sharpie.  A picture of what it looks like after is below.  I then scanned it and aved the image as a jpg file.  I imported that file into Design Space to make a cut file.  I placed that image on the edge of a rectangle 8 1/2 " x 5 1/2" centered it and welded the two together.  That way it cuts the card with the bottom part of the image shape on one end.  I carefully stamped the image on this end lining up the stamp using my Stamp-a-ma-jig.  I used colored pencils and Gamsol to color the image.  After masking the image, I blended Distress Oxide inks on both the top and bottom.  I have been trying to use some of my ribbon stash, so I added that to the bottom of the card.  The good news is that now the image for this stamp is a saved file of mine and I can use it again with this stamp to save fussy cutting.- Denise

Here is what I scanned to make a cut file.


1 comment: