Monday, October 29, 2018

Monday Designer Challenge! 44-2018

We are in for a treat again this week.  Theresa sent us envelopes with choices to be made.  Hmmm...  We each had to choose one item and then choose 2 items of Theresa's choice.  Unfortunately Anna has lost her envelope so we will not have her cards this week.

Today I had to choose from the following:





I chose the "Smile" tag.

Here is my card:




Halloween is just three days away!  I had this cute sticker set from Recollections of witches' feet.  That was my starting point for the card.  I dug through my stash and found some cheery yellow checked paper to use as a panel.  I added a black ribbon with yellow dots (also Recollections) and placed the tag over the ribbon with foam tape to make it dimensional.  I also added some puffy stickers to complete the card.  The witches feet made me smile  :)  ~  Gracie

Next up is Sue's card:







I know that I have a circle stencil, somewhere! UGH – I hate that feeling when you don’t know where all your crafting supplies are. Anyway, I decided to improvise with 1.25” and 1” circle punches. I punched circles from post-it notes to use as stencils and added distress inks (twisted citron, salty ocean, candied apple, wilted violet, ripe persimmon, mustard seed, spiced marmalade, mowed lawn, picked raspberry, peacock feathers) with ink blending tools. I added the happy smiling faces using The Alley Way’s Face It and Neener Neener stamp sets. I had intended this card to be a one-layer card. However, after an ink smudge close to the edge (thank goodness), I trimmed the panel and then popped it up with some fun foam to add some dimension. I used some silver cord for the tag’s tie and adhered the tag so that many of the smiling faces were visible.  ~  Sue

Sue it is just too stinking cute!

We will be back tomorrow with Sue's choice!



1 comment:

  1. Both cards certainly put a smile on my face today. Nice job Sue and Gracie.

    ReplyDelete