Saturday, April 14, 2018

Scene It Saturday 15-18

Closing out my week here today!  Still trying to remember Spring, florals, and pastels.  I had a good time making this card!

Here is my card:



I really liked how this one turned out.  It is clean and simple but I think it is lovely.  I started with a white cardstock panel (110# weight).  I stamped my image (Altenew Wishing You stamp set) offset towards the center with Memento Luxe Tuxedo Black ink and embossed with Whispers clear embossing powder.  I then stamped it again on copy paper to make a mask and used removable adhesive dots to tack it over my image.  I cut an oval from another panel of cardstock and used the piece the oval was removed from as a mask around my stamped image.  I used Tim Holtz Distress Oxide Inks (Broken China and Cracked Pistachio) and sponged them lightly around in the oval with the blue and a little heavier with the green toward the outside.  I then very lightly spritzed it with water.  I helped it dry by using my heat gun.  I removed both masks.  I colored the buttercup with Spectrum Noir pens and added some clear Wink of Stella to the buttercup and leaf.  I then put the panel in my MISTI to stamp my sentiment because I knew I was going to be stamping over another image and might need to stamp more than once (twice).  I mounted my panel on a light aqua cardstock and used yellow cardstock for a card base.  I put the white oval on the inside of the card to write a sentiment to someone.  See you next month!  ~  Gracie

No comments:

Post a Comment