Thursday, November 24, 2016

Technique Thursday #41-2016

Thursday's technique for November is negative space coloring.  You can find a way to do this technique here.


And inside


I really like this technique because it is quicker than coloring an image and can make just as big an impact.  I stamped the girl with Versafine black ink on two pieces of white cardstock.  I made a mask out of one of those by fussy cutting around the image and then putting some adhesive on the back.  I stuck it on my hand a couple of times to take some of the stickiness away and then put it over the image on the first stamped piece making sure to line it up.  I used a blender tool to rub Distress Ink over it starting at the top with Tumbled Glass, then Peacock Feathers in the middle and Pine Needles at the bottom making sure to blend one into the other.  When the mask is removed, the white stamped image remains.  I stored the mask with the stamp to use again. I used the Pine Needles to edge the edges of a white card base and used a patterned paper from a 6 x6 pad made by American Crafts called South of Market since the colors worked well with my inks.  I angled the panels of both and added a few enamel dots.  The woman is from Unity and called Hello Love.  The sentiment is from Altenew and is from a set called Painted Greetings. The sentiment on the inside is Happy Everything from CTMH. Right after I made this card, I lost the birthday greeting.  I think it is probably stuck to something else I had on my craft table, so I am hoping it shows up one day when I least expect it and should probably teach me to not have so many things out at once. Lol. – Denise





2 comments:

  1. I like negative space coloring and this one in particular. As an added bonus you don't have to color the image which I bet would be a real bear! Happy Thanksgiving to you, Denise! Hope you have a wonderful day surrounded by loved ones.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Kim. My husband d am spending the Thanksgiving weekend with my kids and my new daughter-in-law and granddaughter. It is wonderful. I hope you had a good holiday too.

    ReplyDelete