Friday, November 4, 2016

C.A.S.E A Card Friday #38-2016

Kim C.A.S.E.s this card

And comes up with this Fall beauty -





I just participated in a technique blog hop and one of my cards used faux cloisonne, so I figured while I was mutilating magazines I would use the same technique for this.  I stamped Vintage Leaves (maple and oak) by Stampin' Up in VersaMark and heat embossed them with Gold Embossing Powder.  There are matching dies to these stamps, but I fussy cut them to get closer to the stamped lines.  

I did use the dies to cut River Rock card stock and mounted the stamped leaves on them.  I would normally group things in odd numbers, but since the inspiration had four leaves, I used four as well.  I grouped them and attached them to a panel of River Rock embossed with the Autumn Type embossing folder.  The card base, by the way, is Cajun Craze.  

For the greeting, I let the embossing folder be my inspiration.  I thought of sponging the words Autumn Blessings first and realized I would have made a mess of it and then remembered I had SU's water color pencils and I used Cajun Craze to lightly color it...just a hint of color.

In the corner, I placed a square of burlap ribbon with a button threaded with linen thread.

Inside, I created the sentiment using Kunstler Script and Calibri fonts, color matched to the Cajun Craze.

That's it for this card, hope you liked it.  Kim from Katydid Cards

Such a lovely technique to use for the leaves. Great job Kim -
Denise

1 comment: