Wednesday, November 9, 2016

Card Sketch Wednesday #39-2016

Today card sketch-

Robbie takes us south of the border with this festive card-


An interesting sketch for today!  All supplies are Stampin’ Up.  When I looked at the sketch I saw the 2 triangles at the top and bottom as a rectangle that was cut almost in half diagonally.  I created my card base out of Dapper Denim card stock that was cut 5 ½” x 8 ½” and scored at 4 ¼”.  I cut a card layer from Delightful Dijon at 4” x 5 ¼”.  I took a piece of the Moroccan Nights ds paper and cut a rectangle that was 3” x 4”.  I then cut it in half diagonally.  I added some Snail adhesive to the back of one of pieces and put it on my card layer.  I did not worry about matching it up exactly as I was going for the look more.  I flipped the layer over and cut off the excess paper.  I repeated with the other piece on the bottom of the layer.  I attached the layer to the card base.  I piece of Very Vanilla card stock 1 7/8” x 2 ¾”.  I used Emerald Envy ink to stamp the cactus from the Birthday Fiesta stamp set.  I mounted this piece onto a 2” x 3” piece of Dapper Denim.  I mounted this onto the card front using dimensionals.  I used a piece of 5/8” x 2 ¼” Very Vanilla to stamp the sentiment using Dapper Denim ink.  I added this to the upper left corner of the image panel using dimensionals.  I finished the card off with some Cajun Craze enamel dots.  Love this sketch with this paper!- Robbie

Kimberly reminds us that sketches are just a starting point for card inspiration with this great birthday card.


What a great sketch!  I changed it up to create a birthday card for a friend who loves big bold sentiments. The sentiment and dies are from the SOA Young at Heart collection.  The background paper is Lawn Fawn.  The silver glitter paper is cut with the scalloped rectangle die, the balloon die and ribbion die.  The white card stock is cut with the stitched rectangle die also included in the set.  The sentiment is stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black ink.- Kimberly

Whether your follow the sketch using some great papers like Robbie or change it up like Kim, try making a card from the sketch today- Denise

1 comment:

  1. First, I do love this sketch! And you ladies have done a great job with it. I love the bright pattern of Robbie's card. Makes me want to say, "ole"! And, Kim, I love how you thought "outside the sketch" for your card. I see the elements, for sure, but you were very creative in your interpretation!

    ReplyDelete