Thursday, November 10, 2016

Technique Thursday #39-2016

Today's technique is called negative space coloring and you can see a couple of ways to do this here.  We will be doing this all month on Thursday's so let's begin with Kimberly.


Negative Space Coloring.  Super fun technique. The large leaf image is from Stampendous, inked with Versamark Ink and embossed with gold glitter embossing powder (also by Stampendous).  The substrate is a 4 inch matbpard square.  I colored the background using water based markers and a waterbrush, using fall colors.  The card base is 110lb white card stock die cut with Elizabeth Craft Dotted Scallop Square die. - Kimberly

Robbie came up with this graceful card -

I was so excited when I saw this challenge.  I had actually done this technique a while ago and never did anything with the piece.  All supplies but the Copics are Stampin’ Up.  I began by stamping the lilies from Remarkable You using Basic Gray ink – I off stamped it so it would be lighter.  I then used 3 different shades of Copic markers – R20, R21, R22 – and following the technique in the video I colored around the lilies.  I set this aside to dry really well.  I then used my Misti to stamp the lilies again with Versamark ink and embossed them with Copper embossing powder.  I mounted this image onto a piece of Copper Foil paper that was 3 3/8” x 3 5/8”.  I mounted this onto a Whisper White card stock that was cut 5 ½” x 8 ½” and scored at 4 ¼” using dimensionals.  I stamped my sentiment from the Thoughtful Branches onto a scrap of Whisper White using Peekaboo Peach ink.  I used the Decorative Label punch and punched it out using the double punch method (put the sentiment into the punch and have it close to the top; punch it; reinsert the sentiment into the punch and have the sentiment close to the bottom and punch again; this gives you a new shape similar to the punch).  I used a sponge dauber to sponged the edges of the shape to help it stand out on the card base. I cut a piece of Peekaboo Peach Ruched Ribbon and attached it to the top of the card base using glue dots.  I mounted the sentiment on top of the ribbon using dimensionals.  Love the simplicity of the card but that is has a real wow factor! - Robbie

As you can see from the two beautiful examples here, coloring around the main image can really make it stand out so give it a whirl today.- Denise
 


No comments:

Post a Comment