Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Card Sketch Wednesday #42-2016

The sketch for today is simple, but mighty.

Sue took on the challenge with this radiant card.


Let me start by saying that one of my favorite stencils is Tim Holtz’ Latticework stencil. When I’m stuck for inspiration and need a bit of a fun background, I reach for this stencil. I added colour with ink blending tools and distress inks (mustard seed, spiced marmalade, picked raspberry, peacock feathers and seedless preserves). I cut the panel in thirds, to match the sketch, keeping them oriented in the right order and adhered them to a piece of complementary blue cardstock. The sentiment is from Papertrey Ink’s Keep it Simple – Thank You stamp set, matted on a scrap piece of pink. - Sue

This is a great sketch to use a pretty paper you want to highlight or make your own just like Sue did.

No comments:

Post a Comment