Thursday, October 27, 2016

Technique Thursday #37-2016

Our recurring challenge for Thursdays this month is a faux metal technique.  

This is the card Sue created- 


I love the effect achieved with this technique. I masked off the edges of the panel with post-it tape. I inked up the centre of the panel with distress inks (twisted citron, peacock feathers and faded jeans). I then immediately brushed on Perfect Pearls to add shimmer with a paint brush. I removed the post-it tape. I used We R Memory Keepers Geometric embossing folder to add the dimension. The sentiment is die cut using Simon Says STAMP thanks die from a piece of shiny gold paper. - Sue

I agree that this can be a very striking technique as shown on Sue's card, so try it today.
- Denise



2 comments:

  1. Ooh, this is so pretty! Love those soft colors you used and that embossing folder is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. really pretty and I love the colors!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete