Friday, October 28, 2016

C.A.S.E A Card Friday #37-2016

How do you C.A.S.E. a card?  You look at an example and then Copy And Steal Everything.  Really you use the card as an inspiration to make your own version of it.

Today Sue took this card...

and turned it to this -


I started with the two houses from Claudine Hellmuth’s dwelling stamp set, stamped on printed paper. I carefully fussy cut out the houses and added crystal effects to the window for a bit of shine. For the background, I started with watercolor paper and added distress inks (mustard seed, spiced marmalade, twisted citron and broken china) for the background. The birds are by Lavinia Stamps – birds. I used scraps of a black and white striped paper and a thin red strip to complete the card. - Sue

I love the way she stamped on patterned paper to create the house.

I also have a bonus card today because I totally missed that Sue had a card that should have gone into our Family Memories Blog Hop last Saturday.  It is such a great card, that I am sharing it here-


So, this is a bit of a stretch – how to make a card with the theme of family history. I’m of Japanese descent – you know, the land of the rising sun. So that was my inspiration, a sunrise, with the silhouette of grasses and dragonflies. I inked up a piece of cardstock to mimic a sunrise with distress inks (mustard seed, spiced marmalade, picked raspberry, dusty concord) and then die cut with a circle die. The silhouettes are stamped from Technique Tuesday’s Wildflower stamp set. The sentiment is from Simon Says STAMP Lots of Thanks stamp set. - Sue

It is a wonderful interpretation of her family history.  Join us tomorrow for a surprise inspiration. -
Denise


No comments:

Post a Comment