Friday, October 7, 2016

C.A.S.E A Card Friday #34-2016

Today we have this card to C.A.S.E.

Kimberly did this richly textured card -


The sample card is so beautiful that I only changed a few things.  I created the background texture with a stencil and Tim Holtz Opaque Matte Texture Paste onto watercolor paper.  Let dry for about 30 minutes. I used Lindy Stampgang Magicals (Industrial Chic) to create the amazing shimmering background.  Sprinkle the powders onto the paper, add water and dry with a heat tool.  The heat tool moves the water around and helps enhance the shimmer.  The sentiment is Wplus9 stamped in Versamark and embossed in gold.  - Kimberly

 Robbie changed things up a bit -
I loved the photo of the card we were to C.A.S.E.!  I decided to do a Fall Version of the card.  All supplies are Stampin’ Up.  I began with a piece of watercolor paper that was 4” x 5 ¼”.  I used the Seasonal Decorative masks and some Dreamweaver Translucent embossing paste to create the pattern.  Once the embossing paste is applied, you need to wash your stencil and applicator immediately so the paste does not dry on them.   Once the embossing paste is dry, the paper was taped to a board so that I could move it when needed.  I spritzed it quite heavily with water.  Then using a paint brush and reinkers in Cajun Craze, Crushed Curry, and Pumpkin Pie I dabbed ink onto the watercolor paper.  To get the ink to move and blend, I picked up the board and tilted it so the inks would flow and blend.  When I was happy with the look, I set it aside to dry.  This takes a while.  You can dry it with a heat gun but that causes the ink to move more and I don’t like that.  While the ink was drying, took a piece of Whisper White card stock and using the same inks from above I colored the card stock with sponges.  I again overlapped the inks so the blend was seamless.  I then used this card stock and the Rose Garden thinlits to cut our 2 of the leaf sprays.  I also used the Greetings thinlits and some Cajun Craze card stock to cut out my word.  Once the watercolor paper was dry, I used some Tear – n – Tape to  attach the paper to a Cajun Craze card base.  I used Tombow Multipurpose glue to attach the leaf sprays and the word.  The sequins were added using glue dots.   The embossing paste adds some glimmer and texture and because it is translucent, it is a surprised when the light catches it.  Very Fall looking card! - Robbie

I love the textures and watercolors from both cards.  Try one of your own today. - Denise



1 comment: