Sunday, October 13, 2019

Sweet & Simple Sunday 41-2019

While I don't do a lot of embellishments on my cards, I sometimes struggle keeping something simple but I think these turned out well.


I started with a piece of watercolor paper cut 4 1/4 x 11 inches and folded in half to make a top fold card.  Using a stamping platform I stamped a leaf from Unity's August 2019 KOM called Warm & Cozy. I stamped it with a light color Distress Ink and then sprayed liberally with water.  After drying it with a heat gun, process was repeated in a darker color and more water.  After drying that, I stamped once more with a dark color and didn't use water so that the definition stayed.  For the card on the left the colors used were Fossilized Amber, Rusty Hinge and Aged Mahogany.  The card on the right had four layers, Scattered Straw, Dried Marigold, Rusty Hinge, and Aged Mahogany.  The sentiment is from the same kit. - Denise

1 comment: