Sunday, July 7, 2019

Sweet & Simple Sunday 28-2019

Hello again and Happy Sunday!  It's Gracie here this week as your designer.  Our theme for July is "Patriotic" and our colors are red, white and blue!  We are starting the week off with a sweet and simple card.  My grandson has graduated from boarding school and has received a full scholarship to Mississippi State University!  Problem is - we are an Ole Miss (University of Mississippi) family!  But we can endure four years of those loud annoying cowbells for the sake of his education.  But I just can't do the maroon and white!  Ole miss is red, white and blue!  Today I started making cards to send happies to Elliott - but you guessed it - they are red, white and blue!

Here are my Sweet & Simple Cards (started on one - just kept going!):

 







I started the cards with a stamp set from Tim Holtz.  I stamped the images on white card stock with Red Memento ink.  I added color with Spectrum Noir markers.  I die cut the "just a note" sentiment with white card stock and attached them to strips of blue card stock with Art Glitter Glue.  I placed the panels on red card stock bases then added the sentiment strips with foam tape.  My grandson will understand the colors immediately lol! I will be mailing them to him with gift cards for Jimmy Johns to be sure he is eating something besides a salad! ~ Gracie

1 comment:

  1. This is a great set of cards and I am sure he will love them. This would actually be perfect for my daughter-in-law who will start teaching this fall.

    ReplyDelete