Saturday, July 6, 2019

Stand Out Saturday 27-2019

Hello and Happy Saturday!  Hope you are enjoying your holiday weekend!  Today we are making a Stand Out card - can be a step card, box card, etc.  I chose to make a Patriotic Box Card!

Here is my card:


I made my card to fit in an A2 envelope!  I went through my Scraprack and found some fun Jolees' Patriotic stickers.  After creating the box (white card stock trimmed to 5 1/2 inches by 8 1/2 inches and scored at 1/2 in 2 in, 4 in and 6 in then turned sideways and scored at 2 3/4 inches).  I used red lined tape to attach the 1/2 inch flap to the front edge to make the box.  I used my scissors to trim down from the top to the score line to create the flaps and pressed them down with my bone folder.  I trimmed red glitter card stock to fit within each rectangle and adhered with adhesive.  I created the flaps for the inside with white card stock and attached the Jolees' stickers.  I die cut the "Celebrate sentiment and stars from blue and silver glitter card stock and ran them through the xyron sticker maker to apply the adhesive.  I finished it off with a small blue ribbon tied around the front flap and secured with a mini glue dot!  God bless America!!!  Have fun trying new (or even old like this box card) techniques to make your cards!  I will see you next week!  ~  Gracie

No comments:

Post a Comment