Wednesday, May 29, 2019

Sketch It Wednesday 22-2019

Hi! It's Sue and I'm here with a new card for you.


The theme for May is celebrating Mom and the color scheme is metallic, kraft and white. For Sketch it Wednesday, the challenge is to use this month’s sketch. When I saw this month’s sketch I became worried because things with lots of layers is not my usual style – I prefer clean and simple. However, I persevered. 

Here's my card



I looked through my stash for a “doily-like” die. I don’t own one – then thought, why don’t I just use a doily. So, I did. I inked it up with ink daubers and distress inks (mustard seed, spiced marmalade, picked raspberry). I found some printed paper and cardstock with similar colors. I used My Favorite Things Die-namics Fancy Flourish die, in place of the leaves. I die-cut the tag using My Favorite Things Die-namics Tag Builder Blueprints 2 from a scrap piece of yellow cardstock. The sentiment was stamped with Hero Arts Soft Granite ink using a stamp from Hero Arts Happy Mother’s Day stamp set. I added a bit of hemp twine for the tag’s tie, in place of the ribbon and bow from the sketch.

Thanks for popping by. Hope to see you tomorrow.

1 comment: