Monday, April 23, 2018

Mistletoe Monday 17-2018

Making a Christmas card with pastel flowers wouldn't be my first choice, but this one turned out just fine.


This is a technique called spotlight coloring.  I stated by stamping my images on watercolor paper.  I stamped in the upper corner and then re-positioned the stamp to the opposite corner and turned it 180 degrees.  I then took two nesting dies that were a couple of sizes apart and taped them in position with painter's tape so that the smaller one was in the middle of the larger one before running them through my Cuttlebug.  I took the smaller panel and watercolored the image making sure that the colors were muted.  I decided to use the same color green to paint the background for the sentiment panel.  I cut a couple of mats out of black cardstock slightly larger than the image panels and layered them for the effect.  The image was from Unity KOM October 2016 called Holiday Hugs and the sentiment was from CTMH called Holiday Tags.  This is quicker than coloring a whole image and can still make a statement. - Denise


No comments:

Post a Comment