Wednesday, May 15, 2019

Sketch Wednesday 20-2019

This is the sketch we are working with this month.


Here are two card I made.



I started by heat embossing a background stamp called Lace by Unity Stamp Company in white on velum.  I cut two sections from this going around some designs and leaving two sides straight.  I really like the effect it gave.  I  used papers from two different 6 x 6 pads. One was MME's Flair and the other was Hen Hadfield's Simple Life.  I like the pads because the papers coordinate with each other. The sentiments were from other Unity sets - Succulent Salutations and It's Going to be Beautiful.  The silver swirl was in my stash and was one piece that I cut in two to use. The embellishment on the right card was a fussy cut flower from the background paper and sequins on the left.  A glittery rick-rack ribbon on one with a white raffia on the other. Both used a kraft card base.  There is a lot going on with these cards and I didn't want to cover up the lace, so I left off the banner part from the sketch.  That is what is great about the sketches, they make a great starting place that you can make your own. Have fun and try it yourself. - Denise


No comments:

Post a Comment