Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Color Challenge Tuesday #17-2016

Today's Color Challenge:




I made this card for a tea lover who was in the hospital.  It was my first side step card and I like the way it came out.  The paper is from a Graphic 45 pack and called Botanical Tea.  I made sure to cut the front so that the tea sentiment was placed as though it had been stamped there.  The tea pot was cut on my Explore from a pink paper the matching 6 x 6 pad using the cartridge A Child’s Year.  I rubbed ink from the edges into the center using CTMH ink called Blush.  The name was cut on my Explore using vinyl and the sentiment was from a set called Get Well from Words to the Rescue. – Denise Sayers



Love, love, love these colors!  Not crazy about my card, though.  I used a sheet of one-sided paper and made a drapery fold.  The sentiment and butterfly as well as the inside sentiment are from this month's  Annie Card maker Kit.  It's  all mounted on a purple card stock  card base.  ~Gracie

Happy Crafting
Theresa & the CADC DT




2 comments:

  1. Gracie, I have been seeing a lot of the drapery fold cards and this one is cute. I like how the inside circle matches the outside circle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Denise, I'm sure your tea loving friend loved this card and do hope she's on the mend. You did a great job on the side step card...once you get going on them, they really aren't as complicated as they look. Gracie, unlike Denise, I've never seen a drapery fold before and I really like it! I also like how you mirrored the inside sentiment to the outside greeting...clever!

    ReplyDelete