Friday, May 13, 2016

Anything Goes - C.A.S.E A Card Friday #18-2016

Today's C.A.S.E A Card Challenge:



  

I must have been hungry when I looked at the inspiration piece as I decided my grouping would be of donuts!  Yum!  The donut is a cut file from the Silhouette Store which I converted to print only.  I colored various donuts with chocolate and vanilla "frosting" and then added some glaze and sprinkles, too.  I used Stampin' Up colors to fill; Baked Brown Sugar, Early Espresso and Very Vanilla and then miscellaneous SU colors for the sprinkles. 

I wanted some donuts to appear eaten so I brought in a scalloped circle shape and used that to "subtract" bites so we have donuts in various stages of consumption.  Then I resized them to an appropriate size for the card and situated them in a way pleasing to my eye.  Then I added "crumbs" using SU's digital French Foliage stamp, colored in Baked Brown Sugar.  I added the sentiment in Early Espresso using the Benguiat Frisky ATT.  I continued the sentiment inside and paired it with Blackjack font.

I matted the Whisper White panels on Very Vanilla mats before attaching them to a Baked Brown Sugar card base.

My final touch was to color the glaze, sprinkles and icing with a Clear Gelly Roll Glaze Pen by Sakura.  These donuts look good enough to eat in real life!!  If I wasn't hungry before, I sure am now!

So, to compare and contrast to the inspiration.  I used the same size panel on the front, but I matted mine.  I substituted donuts for the flowers, but kept the grouping.  Rather than the water coloring the background, I used "crumbs" as a backdrop.  I placed the sentiment in the same place. 
~Kim from Katydid Cards

Well doesn't that card look tasty?
Great job Kim!

We'd love to see what you do with this challenge.
Post your card to social media and tag us #CADCBlog.

Your card just might be featured on the blog.

Happy Crafting
Theresa & the CADC DT


3 comments:

  1. Great card. I have been thinking of doughnuts all week, so I take this as a sign that I might need to make Ina a part of my healthy eating today. Lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It a, not Ina. My typing on my IPad is not the best.

      Delete
  2. That sounds like a very good plan...I just might join you!

    ReplyDelete