Tuesday, April 16, 2019

Technique Tuesday 16-2019

The technique for today is working with Velum.  A video on various techniques by Jennifer McGuire can be found here.
Sc

I stamped an image from Unity's March 2019 KOM called Gather Love on watercolor paper with Versafine and used my watercolor markers and a wet brush to color the image.  I chose a sentiment form Unity Mrach 2017 KOM called Pretty Darn Amazing for the sentiment and stamped it with Versafine Black ink on a strip of velum.  I then put clear heat embossing on it.  Jennifer makes a good point about letting your heat gun get good and hot to prevent the velum from curling when setting the embossing powder. I used papers from a 6 x 6 pad called Quite Contrary Jack & Jill by MME for the background paper and the birds at the top.  I distressed the edges of all the pieces with Distress Ink. To attach the velum to the front, I used a narrow strip of Scrappy Tape along the entire length of the top and bottom of the strip. It seems less obvious to run it the entire length.  - Denise

No comments:

Post a Comment