Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Card Sketch Wednesday #29-2016

Card Sketch Wednesday brings us this sketch -


Gracie came up with this adorable card- 
- I love Art Impressions stamps - they make me smile!  The mouse has a front and back that can be used for a spinner card. I stamped my images on white cs with Memento Luxe Tuxedo Black ink and embossed with clear embossing powder.  I colored my images with Spectrum Noir markers then fussy cut. I used coral as my background with a strip of aqua, and bright green cs.  I put the mouse on the corner of the front of the card and the inside front.  I used a white cs base. ~Gracie  

Colleen found inspiration to create this cute card- 
My card is slightly different than the sketch, but that's the beauty of sketches.  They are a starting place, and you can vary it up to give your card its own unique look!  I created this card using supplies and stamps from the Gina K Designs "Sending Love" card kit. I created an A2-sized base with a piece of patterned paper on top and a 2" strip going across the bottom third of the card.  I love using paper that is made to match like this, and there are some great ideas out there on how to use your patterned paper stash!  Next, using MFT's wonky dies, I die cut orange and white solid color paper in the same size.  I stamped the birdies and bird house in black Memento ink onto the white die cut and colored it.  This is a small stamp, so I didn't get too detailed with my coloring, I kept it clean and simple, matching the colors with the background.  I adhered the birdies to the orange die cut, slightly off center and to the right of it.  I adhered both pieces onto the base cardstock using Fun Foam for some dimension.  And that's it!  

As Colleen says the beauty of sketches is that they give you a starting point, but then you can improvise in new and cool ways.
See where this sketch takes you - Denise


No comments:

Post a Comment