Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Color Challenge Tuesday #28-2016

The colors for today's color challenge are so soothing.

Angie was inspired to make this card - 
This is by far my favorite card! I really love how this one turned out. The flower image as well as the sentiment is from the Lovely Day ATS by Fun Stampers Journey. I stamped it onto white cardstock and colored the image using Spectrum Noir coloring pencils, paper stumps and Gamsol. I then embellished the center of each flower with Journey glaze and Journey sparkle dust. Once the Journey Glaze was dry, I attached the bow to the front of the card and mounted it to the card base.


Using the same color inspiration, Sue crafted this-
I started by making a 2.5” circle mask with a repositionable label which I applied to the card front. I added distress inks – seedless preserves and faded jeans with ink blending tools. I added the grass and the dragonfly from Technique Tuesday’s Wildflowers stamp set. The sentiment is from Simon Says STAMP Lots of Thanks stamp set. I felt that it needed a bit more of something, so I matted the card front with black.


I hope both of these beautiful cards inspire you to create something from the same color palette. - Denise

1 comment:

  1. That inspiration photo is fabulous. I never saw a sky that beautiful. Ladies, you did a great job with this challenge...love both your cards.

    ReplyDelete