Friday, August 26, 2016

C.A.S.E A Card Friday #28-2016

Come along while our designers C.A.S.E. this card:

Angie's take on this card:
I really like how this card turned out. For this one I used Spellbinder’s Celebration’s Pierced Heart Dies to cut the heart from Spectrum Noir watercolor paper. I then used different colors from the Spectrum Noir Aqua markers and blended them with water. The images are Fun Stampers Journey Full Bloom set. Also the patterned paper is Fun Stampers Journey Spring Parade. I then used pop up dots under the heart to give the card some dimension. 

Sue was inspired to create this card - 
For the background of my card, I started with a piece of kraft paper and used SU’s Woodgrain stamp and SU’s Early Espresso ink. I rotated the woodgrain from the orientation of the original card. The heart was die cut using Memory Box’s Cherub Hearts from watercolour paper. The sentiments were stamped with Versafine Black Onyx ink with Simon Says STAMP Big You and Thanks stamp sets. I positioned the “thanks” stamp so that the “s” did not get inked (basically, the “s” was hanging over the edge of the ink pad. Once the ink was dry, I added distress inks (picked raspberry, spiced marmalade and faded jeans) with a water brush. I found some scrap papers – one solid and one printed to mimic the strips on the original card. I added sequins, in place of the hearts on the original card. I finished by masking the card with black.


These ladies did a great job on variations of the original card. Tomorrow we wrap up their week. - Denise

1 comment: