Thursday, August 4, 2016

Technique Thursday #25-2016

Today's technique is word clustering.  A link to one way of doing this is here - 


This technique is a great way to use a lot of your stamps, so let's see what Kim did - 



WOW!  This challenge took me a few tries as the image I had in my head didn't want to translate onto paper!  However, eventually I ended up with something that made me smile.
The card came as a pre cut package from The Paper Cut.  The stamps are from the SOA Young at Heart Collection.  This collection is super fun.  The sentiment is assembled by matching up several individual stamps from the CAS-UAL Fridays Young at Heart stamp set. The sentiment is stamped on the blue cardstock with Versamark Ink.  I stamped it several different ways to create the "clustering" effect.  I also stamped it on white cardstock with Ranger Electric Lime Dye Ink.  The banner (from the Crooky Cake Stamp set - Sugar Pea Designs) is stamped with Versamark Ink just above and below the word cluster.  The present and the bow are cut using the largest layer of the "Crooky Cake" die.  The bow is colored with Ranger's Carribean Coast Dye ink and embellished with Specrtum Noir's clear sparlke brush pen. The same blue ink is used to stamp the star and circle image onto the present.  I stamped the same image with Hero Arts White Unicorn Pigment Ink to add a whimsical touch to the card.  Assemble and add embellishments as shown.  


Now for Robbie - 


I have seen these style cards all around and so wanted to give one a try.  I was glad this was one of my challenges.  All supplies are Stampin’ Up.  I chose the sentiments from the Sunshine Sayings stamp set.  I used 4 different colors of ink So Saffron, Daffodil Delight, Peekaboo Peach, and Tangerine Tango to create the word background.  I applied the word stamps to a block and stamped one row of each color on a piece of 3 13/16 x 5 1/8” of Whisper White card stock.  Since my stamps are photopolymer it was easy to see where to stamp and make sure I was staggering the words on each row.  I used Basic Black card stock to cut the hello using my Big Shot and the Hello You thinlits.  I applied small dots of glue to the back and set aside to dry.  When dry stick the word onto your card front.  Attach the Whisper White card stock to a piece of 4’ x 5 ¼” Daffodil Delight.  Use Snail Adhesive to attach these layers to your Tangerine Tango card base.  Finish off your card with some So Saffron, Daffodil Delight, and Tangerine Tango enamel dots.  What a fun card you have created to brighten someone’s day! ~ Robbie


I love both the subtle way the words are used in Kim's as well as the use of the repeating words in Robbie's.  So get out there and use all those multiple stamp sets you have.- Denise

No comments:

Post a Comment