Tuesday, December 4, 2018

Technique Tuesday 49-2018

For my technique, I chose a split panel that makes two cards at a time.


There is a wonderful video showing how to do this by Jennifer McGuire found here.  Unity Stamp company did a live video using this technique too which inspired me to try it with one of my new Unity kits called Whatever Keeps You Warm.  Using a stamp positioning tool makes this a simple card to do.  I cut one piece of white cardstock and one piece of red cardstock each to fit the front of a card base.  I picked the red to match the red Altenew ink I was using.  Once you position the flower in the corner you stamp, then flip the paper 180 degrees and stamp again.  I did this for both pieces and heat embossed both using Versamark and white embossing powder on the red cardstock.  For the white cardstock I used the Altenew red ink and clear embossing powder.  Since the Altenew ink is a dye ink, I put Versamark on the stamp before inking it up with the red ink. I added a sentiment from Unity's Cheery Christmas.  I stacked both sheets and cut them at the same time on my paper cutter. You glue one red top with the white bottom on a card base and reverse that for the other card. I few snowflakes cut with a punch finished the card. - Denise

No comments:

Post a Comment