Friday, December 14, 2018

Freestyle Friday - 50-2018

Hi! Nice to see you here. It's Sue and I''m this week's designer.


The theme for December is winter holidays (Christmas, Chanukah, New Years).  For Freestyle Friday, the challenge is to create whatever I want using either the technique or the color scheme for the month or both. Well, we didn’t have a color scheme for this month, so I’m taking some liberties here and used some muted winter-y colors.  

Here's my card



For my card, I created a background by stamping snowflakes using both Hero Arts Snowflake 4x6 stamp set and The Alley Way Snow Daze stamp set with Hero Arts Soft Sky, Soft Pool and Mint Julep inks. I trimmed the panel to 3.25” x 2.5” and matted it with a light teal cardstock. For the sentiment, I used Simon Says STAMP’s Deco Tree dies (which includes the “merry Christmas” dies). I applied some Wink of Stella to the sentiment  for a bit of sparkle. I also popped up the focal panel with some fun foam for added dimension.

Here's a close-up


See you tomorrow for the last of my seven cards.
sue

1 comment: