Saturday, December 29, 2018

December Card a Day Challenge - Scene It Saturday

Hi everyone,

Today is the last day of 2018 Card a Day Challenges! Just a side note that I will be back in January doing more weekly challenges, and I hope to see you participate along with me! So, today is Scene It Saturday, and I decided to think out of the box for my scene card. Here it is:



This is my version of a scene card. There is a sun ray in the background and greenery in the foreground. I masked off the card stock to create a rectangular shape. Then I placed my sun ray stencil over the masked area and used pink shades of ink to create the beautiful sky with rays shining forth. Then I stamped the leaves (I don't remember where I got these, sorry, but plenty of companies have them) in black to give a silhouette look. I removed the mask (carefully!) and added my sentiment from Gina K Designs. I placed my finished piece of black and pink card stock and that was it! I made some of these as sympathy cards using yellow ink and they went over quite well at a recent craft show I attended. 

Thanks for joining me this week guys! I wish you all a happy, healthy holiday!

Colleen

No comments:

Post a Comment