Tuesday, August 13, 2019

Technique Tuesday 33-2019

Today's technique is really two in one.  It used masking and stenciling and a video showing this method can be found here.


I found that simple images work better for this technique.  I cut the A+ from a low-tack contact paper.  I purchased a roll of it from a discount store where the shelf paper is found. It works great to cut on my Cricut as temporary stencils or masks. I placed the cutout on on a white card base at an angle. It has just enough sticky to stay in place while I used a blender sponge and Fired Brick Distress Ink to go lightly around it.  Without removing the mask, the stencil is placed over the whole card front. This particular stencil is one I cut myself on the Cricut from the cartridge called Artbooking. If you use regular stencil material you can use it multiple times. The same Distress Ink was used in the center and and Mustard Seed around the edges.  The stencil and mask were then removed to reveal the white image in the middle. It was easy to do and gave a cool effect. - Denise

No comments:

Post a Comment