Tuesday, February 26, 2019

Technique Tuesday 9-2019

I'm Sue and I'm the designer this week, here at Card a Day Challenge.


The theme for February is love and the color scheme is red, pink and white.  For Technique Tuesday, the challenge is to use the die cut mono printing technique. I also incorporated both this month’s theme and color scheme. You can see Jennifer McGuire’s video explaining this technique here. I’ll be honest. I had difficulty with this technique. I attempted it four times before I had something I could work with. 



I inked up 100 lb cardstock, direct ink to paper with distress inks (picked raspberry, abandoned coral, worn lipstick, festive berries). I tried it with 100 lb Bristol but it wasn’t successful. I might have spritzed too much water because the ink ran. I tried this technique with 100 lb cardstock with varying amounts of water, and it seemed to work better with four spritzes of water. I had difficulty separating the die cut piece from the “printed” panel with every attempt. Certainly the die cut piece could not be salvaged for another card. I used Simon Says STAMP's Heart of Roses die. I stamped the sentiment from Hero Arts Happy Mother’s Day using Hero Arts Soft Granite ink onto a scrap of pink cardstock. I adhered the heart and sentiment onto a tone on tone patterned paper.

Thanks for stopping by. Looking forward to seeing you tomorrow.
sue

1 comment:

  1. It turned out cute Sue. I also had that much trouble, although I was able to use a die cut in the end when I chose a much less intricate die cut. I won't be using the technique again, lol.

    ReplyDelete