Tuesday, January 29, 2019

Technique Tuesday 5-2019

It's Gracie again!  Tuesdays are days to play - we are learning new techniques!  Our theme this month is "Love" and our colors are red, pink and white.  Our technique this month is "Die Cut Monoprint".

Here is the link to the inspirational video:


And here are my cards:






Oh, my!  This was fun but I sure made a mess lol!  It's a really cool technique - you can knock out two cards at one time!  I started with white card stock and distress inks (Candied Apple, Pickled Raspberry and Worn Lipstick) applied liberally then die cut the hearts wreath.  I then made sandwich with the die cut and white card stock, running the die cut back through the Big Shot lightly spritzed with water and ended up with the panel for the second card.  The die cut's ink transferred nicely and I used the negative spaces on the original to inlay the first panel.  I also die cut the "With Love" Little B sentiment from the original panel.  I used a light pink card base for the first card.  After the ink dried well I applied a thin layer of Crystal Effects to the in-laid hearts to finish off the first card.

I stamped a sentiment on the second, added a key with a ribbon and secured it with hot glue and attached it to a pale pink card base.  Do watch the video!  My instructions are clear as mud!!! ~ Gracie

1 comment:

  1. Those look great and it will be fun to try that technique.

    ReplyDelete