Thursday, January 3, 2019

January Card a Day Challenges - Inspiration Thursday

Hi everyone,

Welcome to another day of challenges at Card a Day Challenge. Today is Inspiration Thursday, where we create a card from an inspiration board. Here is the inspiration board and my card for today:
This image has an empty alt attribute; its file name is image-1.png



I had so much fun playing with the colors from the inspiration board. It really challenged me to mix colors that I normally would not have considered combining. My 5x7 card is from the My Creative Scrapbook kit. I absolutely fell in love with the colors in this kit, and immediately thought they would be perfect for today's card. I incorporated the technique from Tuesday's Metallic Stenciling as well. What I wasn't sure about was how or where to add orange to the card. So I started small with Nuvo drops and LOVED it! Then I decided to add orange to the center of my beautiful flower to create a nice balance of colors. I encourage you to try inspiration boards because they challenge us to combine colors for a unique look!

No comments:

Post a Comment