Thursday, January 17, 2019

Inspiration Thursday 3-2019

This is the inspiration board we are using for this month.



Here are a couple of  cards inspired by the pictures of buildings on the board.
.


I make birthday cards for the members of our small church and was looking for a new way to use the hymnal pages of the same hymnal I used last year.  I knew I wanted to cut some sort of shape out of they pages, but the inspiration board this month included a couple of pictures of buildings.  I thought it would be fun to do an outline of our church which has a pretty distinctive shape (it was built in 1965).  I drew reasonably close image of the roof line and then scanned that into Cricut Design Space.  I used that image with various squares and rectangles and welded them all together to get the shape of the church.  I used a separate cross for the top.  I put Stick-It on the back of the page I wanted to use and cut the shape on my Cricut Expression.  The paper wants to tear instead of cut, so I might try a different blade or setting next time. I also might attach it to cardstock and see how that works.  I used paper from Martha Stewart called Frosty Elegance to give a wintery background. Since the sentiments are personalized, I do those using my computer and printer. - Denise

No comments:

Post a Comment