Friday, November 2, 2018

Friday Designer Challenge! 44-2018

Today is the last day of our Designer Challenges!  They sure have been fun this year! 

Today we have a pick from Theresa's choices:





First up is Sue's choice.  She had a darker glitter card base:







I chose dark sparkly card. It reminded me of looking up at a night sky on a clear night. I stamped the rocket ship using Your Next Stamp’s Blast Off stamp set, added color with Copic markers and fussy cut the image out. The sentiment is from the same stamp set, stamped onto a royal blue banner placed near the bottom of the card. The rocket ship is popped up using dimensionals for a bit of depth.  ~  Sue

I chose the dark flocked card base:



I know - it looks busy but sometimes you just love to play!  I started with a scrap of sepia toned printed card stock and tore the top and bottom edges.  I inked the edges with Black Soot Distress Ink.  The sentiment was in my scrap box, too!  It was part of a page and I simply trimmed it out and attached it with pop dots.  Then I got a little crazy.  I made a small rosette using pink card stock hot gluing it to the front of the panel.  I also hot glued the lace, the lace heart, the paper roses, the pink rhinestones and the pink ribbon.  I felt like it needed something else so I added the vintage couple from Tim Holtz (also sepia toned) using pop dots.  I think it made a sweet shabby chic card.  ~  Gracie

We hope you have enjoyed our cards this week.  Thanks for joining us!


1 comment:

  1. Cool rocket card Sue. And Gracie wouldn't your card be great with the picture of an actual couple you knew (maybe Grandparents) for a current couple's wedding card?

    ReplyDelete