Thursday, April 21, 2016

Technique Thursday #15-2016

Today's Technique Challenge
Double Stenciling
Use more than one stencil or use the same one but move and stencil again.



This was fun!  You use 2 stencils.  The bottom stencil is circles using Tim Holtz Distress ink Salty Ocean very lightly.  The 2nd stencil is a flower stencil from Crafter' Workshop.  I used Mustard Seed, Seedless Preserves,  Peeled Paint, and Pickled Raspberry and blended the colors.  I used Memento Luxe Ink and clear embossing powder with the Happy Birthday sentiment from Simon Says Big Scripty Greeting set.  I also added a few black enamel dots.  I made a card base out of coral Michaels cardstock.  Looks like a lot of work but it isn't!   Pull out 2 stencils!  ~Gracie 


I haven’t stenciled for a long time… I took some classes when I first started stamping & making cards (10 or so years ago).  So all of that has been sitting on a shelf - just goes to show you if you keep your craft stash long enough, you will be able to use it again!   So this was fun - I did it a little different than the instructions I found on the internet.  I stenciled the tree and then I used a pattern stencil and shook glitter over it.  so that I would get a textured look.
Used bonsai stencil, Anna Griffin stencil, embossing paste & Martha Stewart glitter.  ~Jennifer

Happy Crafting
Theresa & the CADC DT


1 comment:

  1. Gracie, using the two stencils really adds dimension without being obvious. Jennifer I love the Bonsai tree and how dramatic it is against the black.

    ReplyDelete