Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Color Challenge Tuesday #15-2016

Today's Color Challenge



I love these colors!  I'm trying to make myself create masculine cards and I thought these colors would worl.  I used Tim Holtz Distress inks Weathered Wood, Tea Dye, Peeled Paint, Peacock Feathers,  Mowed Lawn, and Salty Ocean.  I embossed white cardstock  with Tim Holtz "The Journey " stamp set using versa mark ink and black embossing powder (SU).  I did a emboss resist technique on the card then spritzed with water x3 blotting with a paper towel between spritzes until I liked the way it looked.  I think it turned out masculine!   ~Gracie



I’ve been doing lots of coloring lately with some new coloring books I got - this one is from the Art of Coloring Patterns book from Leisure arts.  I like cutting parts out of the books and using for something else.  I used the colors selected (am trying to do fewer colors on my coloring so it doesn’t look psychedelic!) with my zig kuratake watercolor pens (I love them).  I did Wink of Stella (clear) on top because I like a little shimmer.  I am not the best color-er (I do go outside the lines :))  ~Jennifer


Happy Crafting
Theresa & the CADC DT


2 comments:

  1. I really like the colors for this challenge. Gracie, your card does look very masculine and the stamps are really neat. Jennifer, I am glad you have the patience for the coloring books, since I get impatient coloring the stamps I have. lol. Nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I really like both these cards. Not a color combination I would think to use, but I sure do like it. I'll have to try it.

    ReplyDelete