Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Color Challenge Tuesday #16-2016

Today's Color Challenge:



I just love this sentiment, but the set didn't come with a fry. 
How dare they exclude this vital stamp!
So I hand drew one.  ~Theresa


 

This card was made for a woman in our church who was turning 100.  I found inspiration on Pinterest for the design.  The paper is by Graphic 45 from a 6 x 6 pad called Botanical Tea.  I designed it on my Cricut Explore using some basic shapes and popped the tag up with some foam.  The lettering was done in vinyl on my Explore using the Soiree Lettering and Art Deco cartridges with the Fabulous being welded together.  I also love that the Explore will write on things and used it for the tag.  This allows me to be very personal with my cards.  When I went to stamp the inside, I must have had ink on my hands and put smudges on it, so I stamped a piece of the same pink cardstock as the outside tag and punched the corners with a Martha Stewart punch.  It really dresses up the inside and I need to do this more often, not just when covering up a mistake.  (I wrote on the card before taking the picture, so sorry for the blocking that out). ~Denise Sayers

Happy Crafting
Theresa & the CADC DT



2 comments:

  1. Love the sentiment Theresa and nicely drawn fry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have me laughing, Theresa. I agree the fry is vital to the set! Admirable work creating one of your own...and the bird is pleased, too! And, Denise, I love this idea for a card for a 100th birthday! Such a great idea...in the CASE file it goes!

    ReplyDelete