Tuesday, September 17, 2019

Technique Tuesday 37-2019

The technique for Tuesdays this month is metal looking paper. A tutorial can be found here.


I experimented and did a couple of different cards. Both started with silver metallic paper from Tim Holtz.  The compass is is a Darice embossing folder while the right card uses a Sizzix folder called Foundry.  I mist the back of the paper before sending through my Cuttlebug to emboss and it really helps to make a nice result.  For the compass I used a new product I picked up called Gilders Paste wax in white.  I ended up wiping most of it off and it left a subtle glaze effect all over with more white in the crevices. I wanted to try and make some rusty spots on the right card so I put on a pair of disposable gloves and after dipped my finger in Gamsol then in the same Gilders Paste Wax but in rust.  I dabbed at various places.  I went over them several times until I felt it looked rusty enough. Both sentiments were stamped on black paper and heat embossed using platinum embossing paper.  The journey sentiment is from Club Scrap and the right is from Gina Marie. I mounted both on a black card base.  I think guys would like these. - Denise

No comments:

Post a Comment