Tuesday, January 15, 2019

Technique Tuesday 3-2019

The technique for January is called metallic stenciling and a video on how to do various techniques can be found here.


I chose to use the Texture Paste with a silver embossing powder that is then heat embossed.  I made a stencil on my Cricut using a file found on the cartridge Artfully Sent.  The sentiment was done in the regular way with embossing powder using a stamp from the Unity set called Time to Enjoy Life.

Here is a close up of how wonderfully textured the snowflakes turn out using this method. 

Since this is kind of messy, I went ahead and did four panels at the same time.  One thing I found out is that by the time I cleaned up the stencil, the one thin snowflake had started to dry, so next time I will add the embossing powder as i take the stencils off the paper.

Here are the other two panels with a different sentiment using the Unity kit called Snow, Snow Cute.


This was pretty cool and I will be trying it again. - Denise



No comments:

Post a Comment