Tuesday, January 1, 2019

January Card a Day Challenge - Technique Tuesday

Hi everyone,

Happy New Year!!!! And welcome back to the Card a Day Challenge for January 2019. The theme this month is birthdays, and the colors are blue, silver, and white. Today is Technique Tuesday, and this month's technique is Metallic Stenciling. Jennifer McGuire has a great video tutorial on this technique, so check it out! Here is my card for today:


This is a 5x7 card made from the My Creative Scrapbook fall kit. I absolutely LOVE the colors in this kit, and they worked nicely for this month's color scheme. The metallic stenciling is the silver behind the sentiment, framing it nicely. Next I added layers of patterned paper from this kit behind it, and finished with the butterfly and orange Nuvo Drops. The orange color just added a nice pop of color to my card. I am so happy with how this turned out and I love the metallic stenciling technique!

See you tomorrow!

Colleen

No comments:

Post a Comment