Tuesday, January 8, 2019

Technique Tuesday 2-2019

Hello again!  It's Tuesday and time to try a new technique!  So get out your spatula and your embossing paste!  We are going to try Metallic Stenciling. 

Here is the link:


And here are the cards I made for today:






For the first card I used a stencil from Heidi Swap.  I used Ranger embossing paste followed with silver embossing powder.    The sentiment is from Tim Holtz.  I used Tim Holtz Distress Oxide inks for the background (Broken China and Faded Jeans) and misted with water,  I placed the panel on white card stock and used blue card stock as a card base.

For the second card I used a die cut panel as a stencil.  I know the colors this week are silver but I tried gold since my stars on the first card didn't seem to stand out as well.  The gold really popped!  I pounced Tim Holtz Distress Oxide inks on the background (Broken China and Faded Jeans).  I used three die cut snowflakes from the die cut panel as embellishment.  The sentiment is from graphic45.  I used white card stock for a card base.  I will be playing with this technique again! ~ Gracie

No comments:

Post a Comment